With all the readership (or lack of it) on this blog, one might wonder: “Why the hell are you still blogging here? You write these long articles but nobody ever reads them, nor are you making any money from them.” Well the answer to that is this: *you’re missing the point.* I never started this blog up with the intention of popularity or making any money from it, I started it for other reasons.
* To have a place I can design, redesign, and redesign all over again at whatever pace I want. This isn’t some massive site like Facebook where a minor change causes outrage, I can change whatever I want here. I am my own master.
* To stay competent in proper English. Social networking sites and instant messaging are slowly killing our language skills, so I have this blog where I can write in full, thought-out sentences and paragraphs. It keeps my mind working and my typing skills intact as well.
* To have a place where I can share my opinions, thoughts, and knowledge. Let’s say I want to complain about badly programmed drums, or poorly designed websites. I can’t really do that on Facebook or Twitter, because most people these days say tl;dr to anything longer than a couple sentences. Plus with the semi-helpful articles I have, maybe somebody will find some use out of them at some point.
* For my own record-keeping. This blog is like a journal of my life throughout these past couple of years. Sure, I don’t get too personal, but it’s still really nice to be able to go back to 2008 and see what I fanboy I was, or how much I hated certain things at the time.
* Having my own chunk of the web makes me feel ever so slightly special. Shut up, I know this is a stupid reason, but it makes me happy.