I’ve finally finished DZine-Studios 9.1. As you may have noticed, it’s not that huge of a change. This release is more of an aesthetic tweak rather than a full-on redesign/restructuring. Read on to see some boring release notes on what’s changed.
The major changes include:
* Moving the search bar to the header, because it’s more of a navigation element.
* Making the header bigger, as it makes everything feel more spread out and gives some breathing room to the logo.
* The colorful stripes are gone, replaced by gray monochrome ones. Like Mac OS X’s graphite appearance, this shifts the visual interest from the trimmings to the actual content.
* The catchphrase has been shortened and moved next to the logo, where it makes more sense.
* The nav’s been removed, as I only had one real page. I’ll merge the about and contact pages shortly, as they don’t need separate pages.
* Ads have been added to the footer area. Yes, I know I said I’d never put them on, but these are rough financial times, and domains are expensive to pay for. At least these unobtrusive ads will help keep this site running. Plus I styled them to make them look as nice as possible.
* The scrolling nav has been fixed so that it doesn’t make the page jump when it “detaches” upon scrolling down. I’ve also made the scrolling nav more visible.
* I finally fixed the archives bug. Now you can click on any of the archive options in the footer and be presented with a page that isn’t messed up. Turns out it was a CSS conflict with the body class and the class of the archive list. Can’t believe it took nearly a year to pinpoint it, haha.
I made some other changes, but those are minor and I don’t feel I have to list them. I do know that I still have to add an RSS button somewhere and style trackbacks, as well as adding social/facebook/twitter buttons to the single post page. I’ll do that some other day. Now I’m gonna go and sleep, my birthday is tomorrow (technically today, but whatever). I’ll post about it later.