I don’t really like my job that much. In fact, saying that I don’t like it would be an understatement. I hate that place. The work isn’t hard at all- a brain-dead animal could probably do a decent job. No, it’s the customers guests that come there. Their stupidity approaches a level that I never knew even existed! Here are just a few situations which prove my point:
- The customer orders an iced coffee, which clearly has sugar and milk in it. I spend a few minutes making it, and then they point a finger at it and say “Ooohhh does that have sugar in it? I don’t want sugar!” They then call my manager and complain that I made it wrong, even though they didn’t order it correctly.
- A customer comes in and asks for a latte without milk. Now the machine that makes the coffee doesn’t have a “no-milk” setting, so I had to hold the milk nozzle closed the whole time. After about 5 minutes of that torture, she tastes it and says that it’s too strong, and she wants it with milk.
- A customer comes in and asks if the strawberry sundae has strawberries in it. Enough said.
- A customer comes in and orders 6 large Big Mac meals, and gets Diet Coke with them, and he said (sic) “I’m gonna have Diet Coke with them meals, I don’t want to get all fat!”
- A few days ago, somebody accidentally flipped Windows (ctrl + alt + up), and it took three managers close to a week to figure out how to fix that, through tech support.
I was sick this past week, so that’s my excuse for not posting anything up until now.
This has been pissing me off for quite a bit lately. Everybody’s all worried about this stupid swine flu. Very few people have actually died from it, and most deaths were in third-world countries like Mexico. The regular flu kills hundreds of thousands of people a year, and yet people go crazy over a minor strain that hasn’t even killed a hundred people. I think it’s all a marketing ploy to sell more hand-sanitizer, face masks, soap, etc. I especially hate those who mention it every 5 minutes. When I try to explain to them that it’s a very minor threat they typically respond with more hysteria and/or look at me like I’m nuts.
American Idol Sucks
It’s that show that everybody’s always talking about in school. I utterly despise it for its pointlessness. It’s the same garbage every season, and the hype surrounding it is clearly unwarranted. It’s a bunch of talentless wannabe pop singers trying to sing without their precious auto-tune, and whoever manages to suck less wins the contest, rocketing on to a whole 20 minutes of fame and fortune before fading away into obscurity. I pretty much described the whole show in one sentence. I can safely write this lovely review of it, as most American Idol fans lack basic reading skills, and can’t write anything past “lmao idol wuz awsum last nite lol rotfl did u c it”
Most TV Shows Suck
TV has turned to garbage today. 90% of the shit on TV are reality shows, which utterly suck. Recently, one of the geek strongholds on TV has fallen. Sci-Fi is being renamed to Syfy, and will become just another generic channel full of garbage. They claim that it’s to reach a wider audience, but all they care about is money. The only channels that I would even consider watching are the History, Discovery, and National Geographic channels. However I’m pretty sure they’ll go mainstream in a few years as well.